Envy

This thought came to my mind during today’s (20th Feb. 2010) organizational communication hour. I don’t know why all thoughts come in this hour itself - may be that a lot of thought process happens in communication hour or maybe because my mind is wandering…

This piece of article does not describe the definition of envy or about the book Envy: the seven deadly sins written by Joseph Epstein. But this article tells about the two persons whom I envy upon. They are not big professionals or role models (at present; but maybe in future). These two persons are our classmates, Ginu and Sukumar. I envy upon them due to their one special quality which is so striking to me, their voice.

Ginu is gifted with a lovely voice – What you call, a mesmerising voice- something like that. As she is my roommate, I can hear her humming Hindi songs all the time. When she sings, i get completely immersed in the song. I don’t know whether it is the magic of the music or her voice. Now with Sukumar, who has a dynamic voice, so powerful and demanding. He captures the audience attention by his strong voice. It is impossible to divert your attention during his speech. Their voice makes me envy but I always like to hear their superb voices.

2 comments:

suhasini dhal said...

thats true nimi .. i appreciate your article which depicts the thoughts that comes in every mind whenever it comes to ginu and sukumar .. all the best dear!!

Victor said...

yes..... every thing said about our STAR, STAR THE GREAT is right....
she is a sweet girl with lovely voice...
nimi... i am not satisfied with what you have written, you should have written something more about our STAR....